Yes. These tiny particles known as soot are highly dangerous.
Meghan was unaware about the harmful effects of tiny particles or specks of soot could cause various health issues such as asthma, bronchitis, coronary heart disease as well as a number of other respiratory illnesses.
Later on Meghan decided to get her son and herself checked by doctors. Luckily, they both were out of danger.
It is recommended to burn candles in a properly ventilated area but one should avoid burning candles for longer periods of time.